Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fix this!!!

World Cup 2011 is turning out to be a hoax for me. To start with I was confident of Pakistan giving New Zealand some a** whooping (read previous performances). The best part was my friend who kept insisting that I put my money on Pakistan against him. Luckily being a guy who keeps his distance from quick fix methods of making a buck or two I declined this offer without much thought.

After New Zealand's disastrous start today my friend was still insisting that I bet on Pakistan. After declining his offer yet again he let the cat out of the bag; he got a tip that NZ was going to beat Pakistan.

After seeing the Pakistani bowlers (Shoaib, Razzak, Abdur R) being thrashed by Ross Taylor and J Oram  in the final overs resulting in the world's fastest 100 in just 29 balls ....The only thing that was going through my mind was why the h*** are they bowling to the set batsmen, Ross Taylor in the same spot over and over again yielding the same result. 

My doubts were put to rest when Pakistan batted and fell like nine pins. I guess what needs to be pondered over is when a bowler like Umar Gul can bat with so much confidence....why are their so called batsmen failing to make the mark.

Any tips for the India - Ned match anyone??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment