Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gang - B(h)ang


Till date I had only heard stories about it, never really tried it. Out of nowhere I got a message to be at a friend’s(Bishnupriya) place for the Bhang Party which turned out to be a risky affair beating all the fun we had.

Having purchased 15 packets of the so called Bhang which I was sure that they wpuld be not at all effective as it costed only Rs 3/packet – so cheap. We had first bought only 5 packets as it would be enough but slowly slowly while preparing the “thandai” the number went up to 15 as they were not sufficient for a group of 8 people.

A big vessel containg almost 15-20 lts of “thandai” was prepared. We started having it and almost had 4-5 small glasses per person. After it was half empty my friends started posing as if Bhang was getting hold of them. Finally when we had almost emptied the container, the raw part of the Bhang had settled on the surface. The last 3-4 glasses had a very high content of the Bhang out of which I had one. The effect was being experienced by some of us but I felt nothing and thought that they were faking it.

Divya was one of the first ones to experience it and started behaving weirdly – pulled out the chords of her cell phone from my laptop unannounced; hurling to and fro uncomfortably.

Finally we decided to disburse.


The Experience

Suddenly the time altered its zone taking a backseat. I felt like a Super Hero who possessed the power to control time (experiencing 120 sec/min) but with certain limitations. I felt like a floating head with no body of my own. Also there was no sign of conscious and sub-conscious mind. My actions were out of my control. To perform a task I had to virtually convey the message to my brain as if it was acting like a 3rd party and was not at all a part of me at that moment.

The moment I realized what was happening to me, I got shit scared as I was riding my bike. It almost took me 2 hrs to cover 15 Kms only. I could recall my journey back home vaguely, as if someone was interrupting with the transmission of the sight from my eyes to my brain.

Pratik had to travel 12 Kms on bike to get back to his home so he had somewhat similar kind of experience. After reaching home he had a freaking laughter session with his parents.

I checked my cell for the calls that I had attended last night before falling asleep – it showed 3 calls – 2 to Pratik and 1 to Bishnupriya of which I cound not recollect the conversation with them except for the fact that I was laughing for most of the time.


P.S. - Don't leave the premises after having Bhang.

No comments:

Post a Comment